Perils of the Planes!
- 24 September, 2016 - 10am - Auckland
- FB event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/663595597105841/
The Shard Planes are in trouble! Rocked by recent rumblings! Destabilised by the diabolical Dark! Only you can save them! Are you brave enough, magically capable enough, clever enough or maybe just crazy enough to pull it off?! Find out in… THE PERILS OF THE PLANES!
Some months after the events of the Conjunction, Wyndham Giles contacts the leaders of the expeditions and requests their help dealing with the shard planes that are tied to Avyrnas. They are invited to gather near what was once called Tenebrae, where Giles will guide them through a series of planar quests in an attempt to prevent the plains from falling into darkness and ruin. Some planes will need to be defended, some will need to be conquered, and others may require more arcane intervention. But no matter what may come, it promises to be an adventure…
The Perils of the Planes will follow the micro-scenes format, although it will not be faction based, and players will be invited to register to participate in a number of the scenes, and asked to crew in those that they are not playing in.
The format of the game will be made up of 11 Watches, each of 6 hours each, starting at 7pm on Friday and ending at 12pm on the Monday.
Briefings will be run at both 7pm and 8pm for players and crew in the central courtyard. Latecomers will have to await processing subsequent to game start in the Green Hall.
All players are required to bring their own game gear, including costumes, weapons, spell packets and headbands etc. Failure to possess the necessary props means that abilities that rely upon them cannot be used.
Crew are encouraged to bring their own game gear if they possess it, otherwise the default is merely to ensure that a change or two of black clothing is the default outfit.
All participants (players and crew) are required to bring the basic out-of-character necessities as per the Logistics Guide, including sleeping gear, toiletries, medication etc.
Important Game Information - All Players Must Read!!!!!
Below are details of what to bring to a Chronicle event and other important information. Please take the time to read carefully over the following to ensure a smooth event for everybody involved.
WHAT TO BRING
- All players are required to bring their own game gear, including costumes, weapons, spell packets and headbands etc. Failure to possess the necessary props means that abilities that rely upon them cannot be used.
- Crew are encouraged to bring their own costumes and game gear if they possess it, otherwise bring a change or two of plain black clothing and black, sturdy shoes.
- If you require any medication, please ensure you bring this and carry it with you at all times, or store in a secure location.
- Warm clothing for when it gets cold. Bring something warm to wear discreetly under your costume, and pack spare underwear, trousers, and lots of thick socks.
- Wear sturdy footwear. Practicality is more important than style.
- Bring water bottles full of water, and drink regularly. These do not have to look in character - hydration is more important than immersion.
- Bags to carry all your gear in.
- Sun screen: wear and re-apply regularly. Hats are also a good idea.
- Please remember to plan for bad weather - just in case!
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE GAME
Please make sure that you read the rule book; this is available both on the website and as a PDF version. Please read the whole rule book - even the parts that don't apply to your character as this helps to facilitate game play when someone uses an ability from a different path as you.
All participants are required to bring a signed copy of our Welfare Form to a game if they have not yet done so. These will be collected first thing at sign-in when you arrive.
The updated welfare form can be found at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oPgUpTwg70ZNfvGJKPqn2Bx2hKNLV0Ixz10eH5in3G4/edit
We encourage players to carpool to events when possible - but please don't wait til the last minute! Leave a comment on the Facebook event page if you can offer or need a lift.